Automate Your Inbox With Gmail Filters
If you’re like most Gmail users, you probably have an abundance of messages in your inbox. Gmail has a powerful custom filtering tool to help you automate your message organization. You have the ability to make this tool as simple or as detailed as you’d like. Follow these steps to learn how:
- Click on the “gear” icon at the top, right side of your inbox and select Settings ( you need to do this in a web client as it is not available in the mobile app)
- Across the top, select ‘Filters and Blocked Addresses’
- Click on ‘Create New Filter’
- Set up search parameters here, making them as specific as you’d like them to be. Gmail offers you many options to combine:
- Next, what do you want the filter to do? Again, be as detailed as you would like to be, then click on ‘Create Filter’:
- Gmail will now work in the background, automatically organizing your email for you, according to your direction. Organized Inbox, DONE!